6/04/2004

Harry Potter

I just got back from seeing Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban. I liked it.

Under the new direction of Alfonso Cuoron, the movie "looked" better. Camera angles were interesting and the lighting gave the feeling that you really were inside of a "witches brew." (You know what I mean).

I suspect that some may be dissapointed and find the movie slow. The movie does seem to drag a bit at times, but not enough to hinder my overall enjoyment of it. Emma Thompson who played a crazy fortune teller and Gary Oldman who played the misunderstand Sirius Black gave brilliant performances for their relatively short roles.

Since I am going away next week, I will probably not be seeing a lot of movies. Spiderman 2, however, is one movie that I will try to make an exception for.